Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Can it be Spring Break Yet?

uh...yes...in fact, it IS Spring Break 2015! OOPS! I didn't plan!! GAWK!  This is where friends and family come in really handy.

Day 1: visit an amusement park with my sister. I'm not really a roller coaster rider so I don't think about going to amusement parks - which isn't to say that my kids have never been but it's usually with my husband and usually to a park that specializes in shows - but my sister LOVES them! It was her daughter's last day of spring break and the only day the kids breaks overlapped so we took them to Kings Dominion outside of Richmond, VA (hey - it's right by my house, everyone I know has season passes including my sister who lives several hours away!). I haven't been there in 15 years. Paramount is no longer a sponsor so the "Scooby Doo" roller coaster is no longer called "Scooby Doo" (it's the Woodstock Express) and the Rebel Yell doesn't run backwards anymore (those are the 2 that I ride) and what happened to the Wayne's World area? Plus there's like 3 roller coasters I'd never heard of. Anyway, I've apparently raised kids who don't like roller coasters either so I think we bored my sister and niece! But I did the spinny rides that my sister can't stomach with my niece so there's a tradeoff.  I think we'll go back some day!

This was the end of the day when sis and niece had run for one last ride on the big roller coasters

My little guy driving like a pro!

2/3 of my crew - my sis took one of my kids on the roller coasters while we explored the less "thrilling" areas of the park

all 4 kids got a seat together on the carousel but had to go again b/c one didn't go up and down :-(

Day 2: Bowling with friends. It's wet and rainy. I'm sore and tired from the day at the amusement park. I had a Living Social Deal that expires at the end of the month - 2 hours of bowling for 6 people. Add in friends and $1 hot dogs - totally awesome day!



Day 3: Clean rooms, shop at Costco. Okay, this is boring but needs to be done

Day 4: Meet Daddy for lunch and the art museum. We're members of the VMFA so I got us tickets to their special exhibit: Van Gogh, Manet, and Matisse: The Art of the Flower

Day 5: ??

Weekend: SOCCER!

So anything that you guys can think of for that last day? HELP! I only have a couple days until then!


News in the Shop:

I have a couple of RTS (Ready to Ship) items available. I made these so that I could take photos.
large preemie - 11" head circumference https://www.etsy.com/listing/227352306

0-3 mo https://www.etsy.com/listing/227352306


3-12 mo https://www.etsy.com/listing/227352630




No comments:

Post a Comment