Thursday, January 27, 2011

Snow M. G.

So, um, I shouldn't complain about predictions of snow anymore in a public forum. It started "ThunderSleeting" around 2:30 pm yesterday, turned to snow an hour later, dumped about 8 inches on us over the next 6 hours and screwed up rush hour SO BADLY that it took a lot of people several (read 6-10) hours to get home from work. Hubby stayed at work until midnight when it "lighted up" a bit but it still took him nearly 2 hours to get home.

So one thing I did to make my husband's drive home a bit more relaxed was that I moved my car so that he'd have a parking spot when he got home (I shoveled it out too!). I parked in an unmarked spot not realizing that it wasn't very smart to park near old trees during a heavy snow storm. All the way down the alley, branches broke off these trees with several landing on my car! Fortunately, there doesn't appear to be much damage to my car.

So, today, my kids are going to play outside since they woke up at FIVE THIRTY IN THE MORNING and are restless. I suppose that I'll need to supervise being that we live in a townhouse with no yard so they play in the parking lot. Hopefully, I can get some work done on some of the ribbon bows for next weeks demo/sale this afternoon when they nap... or maybe I'll nap... They'll have school tomorrow, right?

1 comment:

  1. crap - school's been canceled tomorrow too and M/Tu are teacher work days...

    ReplyDelete