Monday, January 24, 2011

Photography Amazement!

I never thought much of my photography. The items looked basically like what I photographed in regular light. Well, when I asked for critiques on Etsy's forums from my peers, I always got, "you need to take better photographs". Whatev! right?!? This is a semi-business hobby for me and I don't want to waste my time in a photography class.
Well, for Christmas, my IL's got me an OTT lamp. For those of you who don't know (which will likely be most of you), an OTT lamp is a special light that has full spectrum light so now, I can take photographs that look like they are in the sun. So I'm trying it out and WOW!! what a difference! I'll give a few examples:

Prime #1 example is my avatar and best selling bow, the Daisy bow:
before:

after:


and yes, yes, I did switch backgrounds but rest assured that it's a cheap piece of muslin over the same the same table and I'm using the same camera!

And this is just the start too! Check out the ballet slippers:
before:
after:

and the basic satin bow:

before:
after:

I was totally wrong! Well, off to retake about a bizillion photographs... anyone have anymore bright ideas for me that I might have ignored in the past (or know how to set my Canon Powershot ELPH SD1100 IS to something about white balance?)?

No comments:

Post a Comment